Thursday 2 February 2012

MR. AND MISS SCO 2011
Ofentse Ramatsetse
More than three hundred students flocked in the Student Centre to witness the beauty and glamour of 2011 Mr. and Miss Student Christian Organization (SCO) held at the Student Centre on Saturday, October 16.
7 female and 7 male students emerging from different faculties and residences contested against each other for the first charismatic position of Mr. and Miss SCO however, some made it and some did not.
TUT life is proud to present Gladness Maoto and Confidence Makumbile as 2011 Mr. and Miss SCO. Gladness and Confidence demonstrated confidence and enthusiasm throughout the event. As 2010 former Mr. and Miss SCO, Tiyiselani Chauke and Conscience Makamu ascended the stage to crown the winners, many students applauded and wished them good bye as they were handing over their titles to the novices.
“I have self-confidence; people didn’t scare me at all. I believe in myself, but then I wanted to give up in last minute and leave the stage. Fortunately, my roommate convinced me to do it. She even bought me a dress, thank you, Malebo,” said Gladness
Mr. SCO, Confidence Makumbila, said he was very exhilarated to be the prince of SCO for the second time.
“Last year I was the prince of the very same organization, and this year again I’m still the prince of SCO. I think I have the pontential of being a king (chuckling).”
Entertainers such as ‘Dark Force Cliq’, ‘1-Not Hella fresh’, and others, were given the platform to dazzle the crowd with their Hip Hop music while promoting their label. The judges looked focused and were very eager to see who would be going through to the finals.
One of the judges, Mpumelelo Sibiya, said the whole event was a success and encouraged other students to participate in the upcoming events.
“I am very happy; everything went well! I believe this event will encourage other students not to belittle themselves, but to show them that this organization has variety of activities that can help reinforce their aspirations.”
The former Miss SCO and contestants trainer, Tsakane Ngobeni, in cooperation with other stakeholders, organized this event. She said the organizing of the whole event was not easy, but one had to have patience to breakthrough.
“I had to have patience! Working with people is never easy, but I had to persevere and for the love of this organization, we've made it.” The aim of the whole event was to boost students’ confidence and to show them that there’s beauty in Christ.”

No comments:

Post a Comment