Tuesday 19 February 2013

Will Pistorius get away with it?



With Oscar Pistorius' bail hearing currently underway at the Pretoria Magistrate's court, my conscience tells me he won't get away with this. Firstly, his version of story is purely depth-less and fishy. In his affidavit, he's mentioned how the shooting incident erupted and his reaction thereof, which I find really questionable.

The blade-runner claims he was at the balcony (without his prosthetic legs on) when he heard a disturbing noise echoing from the bathroom, according to him, which he assumed it was of intruders.

The paralympian further expands that he went inside the house to locate the commotion - with what? I ask. I thought he said he was without his legs. Oops! The "blade-gunner" took his 9mm pistol and went to the bathroom to see who was inside, and he's found the door locked.

To cut shot the story, the blade-gunner gunned down his girlfriend. Yes, he did! Just like that! Boo-boo-boo! I construed varying reports by different media houses and descending the perpetrator's story. Thus, I have come to recognize there are underlying questions that need thorough inspection.

Ofentse's Observation:

I question Pistorius' reaction to what I call - an "imaginary incident" - which he beautifully crafted in his head. Firstly, if there was a burglar/intruder inside the house, don't you think Reeva could have screamed for help? I mean, there is no way the two can't hear a thug breaking in.

Secondly, why didn't he warm the "intruder" by shooting up the ceiling? Well, I'm told when you have a licensed gun - it's important to first establish if there's an intruder before shooting. Why would you shoot at something you are not certain about?

Thirdly, if it was indeed a mistake, surely he could have fired one or two bullets. Not more than that! has he done that? No! Hey, don't even tell me it was adrenaline that made him react that way. No ways! We are talking about four bullets fired at the victim here.

It's a known factor that the two were romantically involved, but now, think about it, why would Reeva lock the bathroom door if the two share the same bed? Sure we are on the same wavelength now, aren't we?

If you hear a strange noise in your house, could you really inspect the bedroom with the lights off? I mean there's no way you search for something with the lights off. Haikhona! No! I smell something fishy, don't you?

The above-mentioned questions remain hanging. Until I find answers to them, I remain uncertain. I partially concur with Magistrate's court's rule that this murder case was "premeditated".

What should be done?

> Violence is deeply rooted in our society that we even feel insecure in our own houses. Society at large, has huddle together and devise mechanisms that will ensure safety and security. How will be a united nation if we fail address such pressing issues that continue devour our loved children and mothers and society as a whole? I suggest we find local community inhabitants who will guard most threatening community -  24-hour, if needs be.

We could have a forum that will maintain this initiative. In terms of reimbursing them, we can demand R20 from every local household across regions of South Africa.

> Active communication is the key in every facet of life. We need to go back and ascertain the value of community and role-players (members). Our society is gradually becoming an hall full of helpless children. We say we are a proud and united nations yet we don't greet our neighbors in the morning, nor do we assist each other. What happened?

> Community involvement should be re-strengthen and revived across our country. For reasons known to me, i feel we have lost a sense of sharing and love. It's amazing how we pass by the needy without helping or advising them. It's like we have become a man-for-himself kind of society. We have withhold the mentality that "if does not happen to me, then why should i care?"

Is this the kind of a society we want the posterity to live in? actually, the youth and I? Aren't you tired of reading the same disheartening articles about 17-year-old being raped, grannies and little babies - not to mention the every killing of young people who should improve and lead our country? Aowa! No!

Never say never! Don't ever assume that such abhorred incidents won't happen to your family - you never know when it comes.      

I rest my case. God bless Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment